Job Dates: July 30 – October 5
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm, with some weekend work.
September 3 – 18 will require longer hours due to receiving entries and the building being open for the public during the Fair.Fair hours will require availability from 8:00am - 11:00pm.
Pay: $10.00/hour, plus overtime pay
Job Description: The entry department includes the areas of arts, crafts, flower and garden, cooking, clogging, singing and livestock. The data entry staff is responsible for:
- receiving the entry forms submitted by fair exhibitors;
- entering exhibitor information;
- printing out the exhibitors’ needed information tags for showing;
- entering judging results;
- verifying payout.
Other responsibilities included are but not limited to:
- counting and sorting ribbon’s, trophies, supplies;
- working with exhibitors and fair attendees;
- setting up and breaking down exhibit and office areas.
Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Considerable knowledge of computer programs including Word, Excel, data entry, (Access experience a plus), and running reports;
- Basic knowledge of copiers and printers for printing programs and tags;
- Ability to file and sort various paperwork;
- Ability to work as a team member to accomplish tasks;
- Ability to work with the public with tact and courtesy during stressful times;
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment (There are about 15 consecutive days that require long hours.)
How to apply: Contact Tamara Crain, entry coordinator, 828-687-1414, Ext. 210, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates will be considered on first-come, first-serve basis. No application will be received after July 20.