Job Dates: July 31 – October 6
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm, with some weekend work. September 4 – 18 will require longer hours, due to receiving entries, and the building being open for the public during the Fair.Fair hours will require availability from 8:00am - 11:00pm.
Pay: $10.48 plus overtime pay
Description: The entry department includes the areas of arts, crafts, flower and garden, cooking, clogging, singing and livestock.The data entry staff is responsible for:
- receiving the entry forms submitted by fair exhibitors,
- entering exhibitor information
- printing out the exhibitors needed information tags for showing
- entering judging results
- verifying payout
Other responsibilities included are but not limited to:
How to apply:
- counting and sorting ribbons, trophies, supplies
- working with exhibitors and fair attendees
- setting up and breaking down exhibit and office areasSkills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of computer programs including: Word, Excel, data entry, (Access experience a plus), and running reports.
- Basic knowledge of copiers and printers for printing programs and tags.
- Ability to file and sort various paperwork.
- Ability to work as a team member to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work with the public with tact and courtesy during stressful times.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment.(There are about 15 consecutive days that require long hours.)
Contact Tamara Crain, entry coordinator, 828-687-1414, Ext. 210, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates will be considered on first-come, first-serve basis. No application will be received after July 21.