• The General Rules and Regulations of the Fair will govern each department, except in cases of conflict, where the following Rules and Regulations will prevail. Be sure to read the rules and regulations before entering or competing in any department. Some - but not all - are repeated here for emphasis, along with Rules and Regulations which apply to these departments only.
• Competition is limited to residents of North Carolina.
• Make your entries early! The right is reserved to reject entries received after all available space is taken.
• Be sure to fill in all entry information completely and accurately.
• Each exhibitor may make entry in each class, except where indicated (eg., Photography); no entry may be entered under more than one class. Exhibits, containers, accessories, and props should be inconspicuously labeled with exhibitor’s name and phone number.
• Entry tags will be available on entry receiving days.
• Unless noted in the department, all exhibits should not exceed 2’ x 2’ x 2’.
•NO more than five (5) classes will be changed or
added to an exhibitor’s entry form on entry receiving day. Exhibitor’s must have registered online prior
to entry deadline.
• Awards in any department will be given only if merited.
• All exhibits will be under the supervision and care of the NC Mountain State Fair.
• Proper attention will be given to prevent theft or damage, but we assume no responsibility for loss of personal property of the exhibitors.
• Exhibits and ribbons will be available for pick up on Monday, September 20, 9 a.m. until 7 p.m.
• All entries must be the work of the exhibitor.
• All entries must be the product of the following
dates, September 2019 - September 2021. Any and all entries found in violation
of this rule will be disqualified.
• Since ribbons may become misplaced, awards will be paid only from the judges’ books and not from ribbons.
• The judge will have the right not to award a first place ribbon/premium if the item does not merit the placing. Awards in any class will be given only if merited.
• "Any Other" and/or "Miscellaneous" classes at the end of each category are only for items which are not listed in preceding categories. They are not for duplications.
• Best of Show rosettes can only be awarded to entries that have been awarded first place in a specific class within that department or sub-department. Judge’s Choice rosettes will be awarded by the judges. Selection of these awards is based on "judge’s choice" in each category. No cash premiums are awarded for these rosettes.
• Unsightly or deteriorating displays will be removed at the discretion of Fair management, the Director, or Superintendent of the Department. This is to insure that the Fair puts forth the very best possible displays.
• If an entry is misrepresented or the exhibitor misrepresents his/her status, the entry will be disqualified.
• Age on entry form is as of the first day of the fair.
• Exhibitors who enter the Very Special Arts Department may not enter other Division I Departments; neither can those who enter General Exhibits Department (Division I) enter in the Very Special Arts Department. Exhibitors must enter under their age group only, unless given approval by Entry Department Coordinator.
• Online Entries Only!! Be sure to fill in the online form completely and accurately. Give your rural route number, post office box number, or city street address, zip code, Social Security Number on the W-9 form, and telephone number, including area code. Note that exhibitors who choose not to disclose their full Social Security Number or Federal ID on the W-9 form at the time of registration, even if they have submitted an entry in the past, forfeit any and all premiums.
• Allow up to 10 weeks for premium checks to be processed. NO PREMIUMS WILL BE RELEASED WITHOUT SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR TAX ID NUMBER PLACED ON W-9 FORM. IF THE NUMBER LISTED ON THE ENTRY FORM DOES NOT MATCH THE NAME ON THE ENTRY FORM WHEN GIVEN TO THE IRS, YOU COULD BE SUBJECT TO IRS FINES.
** NO DRIVING on fairgrounds. All vehicles must be off grounds 30 minutes prior to gates opening or they must stay until gates are closed.**