Junior, Youth, & Adult Solo Competition
Youth & Adult Group Competition
Total Premiums Offered by NCMSF : $2,100.00
Entry Deadline: July 31, 2020 ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY, NO entries accepted after July 31, 2019, 11:55pm.
Contest Date: Saturday, September 19th * 2nd Saturday
Check-in Time: Solos No later than 8:30 am
Groups No later than 11:00am
Performance Times: Solos - Promptly at 9:00am
Groups - Following lunch break
Location: Gate 7 (parking), Got To Be NC Tent (Near Entrance Gate)
RULES AND REGULATIONS
• Competition is limited to residents of North Carolina.
• Solo competition will be limited to the first ten (10) entries in each class.
Group competition will be limited to the first five (5) entries in each class.
• Contestants must check in by times listed above.
• Solos will begin promptly at 9:00am and will be preformed in order by classes (AA001, AA002, AA003). Following solo competitions, there will be a break for lunch.
Group performances will begin when lunch is over and after the 11:00 am checked in. They will be preformed in order by classes (AA004, AA005).
• Each performance will be allowed ten (10) minutes. Each performance is limited to 2 songs. Contestants going
over the ten (10) minute time limit WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. We will not give you any type of time indication.
It is suggested that you time yourself to be sure that you stay within the time limitations.
• Set up time begins when your name is called. Soloists have three (3) minutes to set up. Groups have up to eight (8) minutes for setup. Use your time wisely. Contestants exceeding the set up time limit WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
• It is suggested that your instruments be set up prior to the start of the competition. The stage will be open and available prior to start of the competition.
• No entries accepted after July 31st. In the event there are not enough in a class, Fair Management reserves the right to modify this date.
• Awards will be announced following the contest. The decision of the judges is final.
• A basic sound system will be provided for amplification of voices, and playback of CD. We will provide 110 volt power at the stage. We do NOT provide musical instruments, instrument amplifiers and/or speakers or specialized playback equipment like MiniDisc or MP3 files. Individuals and groups will be completely responsible for providing and setting up extra equipment, and coordinating incorporation of equipment into the provided sound system including all patch cords, electrical extension cords, etc. If in doubt, bring back-up equipment.
• Age should be as of the day of the competition
• NO entries nor changes in classes will be accepted on the day of competition. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Criteria for Judging: Appearance (1-25 points)
Presentation/Quality (1-25 points)
Originality (1-25 points)
Professionalism (1-25 points)
Total Points 100
AA001 Junior Solo (6 - 10 years of age)
AA002 Youth Solo (11-16 years of age)
AA003 Adult Solo (17 years of age and older)
SOLO AWARDS: 1st Place $150.00 Trophy 2nd Place $100.00 Trophy 3rd Place $ 50.00 Trophy
GROUP (Group consists of 2 - 8 performers)
AA004 Youth Group (6-16 years of age)
AA005 Adult Group (17 years of age and older)
GROUP AWARDS: 1st Place $300.00 Trophy 2nd Place $200.00 Trophy 3rd Place $100.00 Trophy