The Pony Express Provides Early & Quick Entry For Outlying Counties.
Are you a craftsman, artist, seamstress, food preserver, beekeeper, etc…
Adult or Youth and wish to enter your items in the North Carolina Mountain State Fair?
If you live in the one of the following counties:
Cherokee Res. (359-6939)
Participation is Easy
Location: Your Local County Extension Center
Date to Drop off Items by: On or Before August 24th
• Bring your non-perishable items to the Extension Office, wrapped & packed securely for transport. Please label your box with your name & county. Please provide a copy of your online receipt showing the items being sent have been entered online. If you are not wanting to receive premiums you may print out the online paper form to be placed in your box.
• Your entries will be picked up in your county from the Extension Office & transported to the Mountain State Fair for judging and display.
• Only items picked up on the Pony Express route will be returned on Pony Express. No items will be added to the return list of items that are dropped off by exhibitors at the fairgrounds after the Pony Express has run.
• Items will be returned to your local Extension Office after the fair by September 20th.
• Any prize money will be mailed directly to you. (Must provide Social Security number / W-9 to receive payment.)
This is a free service provided to you by the North Carolina Mountain State Fair & NC Cooperative Extension Services.
If your county is not listed or you have questions, call the North Carolina Mountain State Fair at 828-687-1414 or your local Extension Office.